Submit an Event
The BSSH is keen to work with course organisers to help advertise, support and endorse (“badge”) high quality educational events.
Complete this form with details of your event here, and click submit to apply. The more detail that you can give the more likely that approval will be given. Applications are only accepted electronically, but please feel free to contact us informally if you need help with an application. Once approved, we will add your event to our listings, with the following benefits included:
- Use of the ‘badged by BSSH’ logo in course literature.
- Complimentary advertising of the event on our Social Media platforms and via our regular e-Bulletin sent to all BSSH members, in addition to the event being listed on our public website.
- Upon request, the BSSH will consider emailing details about the course as a separate item to the membership.
- Peer review from a panel of leading hand surgeons.
CLICK HERE TO PROCEED TO THE APPLICATION FORM
Who Can Apply?
The BSSH is a public charitable organization, and while all applications will be reviewed by our Education & Training Committee, there are a number of quality assurance standards and criteria that events or courses should satisfy in order to be endorsed and advertised by the BSSH. These are listed below, and we recommend the course convenor completes the application form. The event or course…
- convenor(s) should be members of BSSH;
- must be consistent with the objectives and overall strategic direction of BSSH;
- must be of interest to and benefit members of BSSH;
- should fit in terms of content and timing with the existing BSSH educational programme;
- must be for no longer than five days;
- should demonstrate scientific and educational purpose in hand surgery;
- must have an appropriate ratio of faculty to participants (please contact us for more information);
- must include at least one consultant surgeon who is a member of BSSH as part of its faculty (contact us for an exemption);
- should redirect any profits generated from its running to further research and teaching activities;
- convenors must collect delegate feedback on the course and explain how this will be collected in the application form.
We recommend supplying the following material as file attachments to the main application form below, in order to support the application and increase the likelihood of approval.
- A detailed programme outlining the content, structure and timetabling of the course – each individual session should be recorded separately with a brief outline of what will take place during that session;
- If this is not a new course, please also provide feedback from the previous one;
- Please attach a copy of the proposed delegate feedback form.
If your course is approved you must:
- ensure that the good name of BSSH is protected;
- comply with BSSH guidelines for use of our logo(s). Our secretariat team will guide you further on this;
- notify BSSH of any material changes to the course after approval;
- conduct delegate feedback and make copies available to BSSH;
- provide an evaluation report to BSSH within two months of the course being conducted;
- not transfer badging to another course or use it again for the same course without specific approval.