UK Hand Registry
The BSSH has developed a web-based hand surgery audit tool called the 'UK Hand Registry' and is employing a full-time Database Administrator to oversee the Registry.
This audit tool will allow surgeons to audit their outcomes with minimal effort and compare their own results with the aggregated results from all BSSH members. Surgeons are encouraged to use their outcome data to inform their own appraisal and continuing professional development.
The UK Hand Registry currently have 5 pathways set up for auditing the following procedures:
- Carpal Tunnel
- Dupuytrens Contracture
- Elective Hand (which includes Basal Thumb, Ulnar Nerve and Implants)
- Congenital Hand
This resource is available, free of charge, to all BSSH members and anyone working within hand surgery.
You will be able to:
- Set up an audit for a specific procedure for your own patients with defined start and finish points
- Add the patient's ID details, operation date and type of procedure into the website
- Send (by email) all PROMs, both preoperative and post-operative, directly to the patient for entry into the UK Hand Registry
- Use the website to track the scores, analyse the data and make comparisons against the aggregate data for all BSSH members
The UK Hand Registry is here.
Further information regarding the two-step authentication process can be found here.
The BSSH UK Hand Registry User Guide can be viewed here or to access the UK Hand Registry training videos please click here