Newcastle Surgical Training Centre, Freeman Hospital
This course is based on trainees rotating through specifically designed skill stations. These will be interspersed by a few short didactic lectures.
- Approaches to the hand specific for fracture fixation around the hand and wrist.
- Phalanges, metacarpals and carpus.
- Acute scaphoid fracture – approaches and compression screw placement.
- Anatomy of the hand and wrist with specific reference to fracture fixation.
- Imaging of the hand and wrist.
- Surgical approaches to the fingers and carpus.
- Acute fracture management – non-displaced and displaced.
- Scaphoid fracture – presentation and operative fixation options.
- Salvage procedures.
- Senior Trainees (ST5)
- New consultants with a keen interest in hand surgery and wishing to improve their operative skill in managing hand fractures.
Course fee available on request
Please contact email@example.com for more information