BSSH BFIRST Sri Lanka Hand Society Carpal Injuries Webinar
1. Understand carpal basic carpal anatomy and basic concepts of carpal biomechanics.
2. Be able to interpret plain radiographs of the wrist and appreciate the indications and benefits of more complex imaging modalities.
3. Be aware of the considerations when managing scaphoid fractures and their potential consequences.
4. Understand the spectrum of perilunate injuries and their management principles
5. Be able to identify injuries to the carpus (other than the scaphoid fractures) and have a basic understanding of their management.
6. Have an understanding of wrist salvage techniques and when their use is appropriate