The third course in our eighth series of the Instructional Courses in Hand Surgery will focus on Tendon Injury, Rehabilitation and The Absent Adult Hand
We are planning to run this course as an online event from 4-5 June 2021
Friday 4 June - starts at 12:50 and will close at 18:55
Saturday 5 June - starts at 08:50 and will close at 14:30
On the Friday 4 June, the course will run with a series of lectures and Saturday 5 June will have some lectures and breakout sessions as per the normal structure.
To register, please click here
Doctor - £95
Hand Therapist - £50
Please note that there is no single day registration available, when you register, you will be committed for the two days of the course.
Due to the breakout sessions, we can only accept 150 delegates to this course, registration therefore will be based on a first come first serve basis.
Click here to view the programme for this course
We have an enthusiastic faculty with world renowned speakers including Professor Simon Kay, Dr Jin Bo Tang, Dr Maurizio Calcagni and many more.
Please see below a list of talks that will be included:
- Biology of tendon healing
- Principles of tendon repair
- Suture choice and strand configuration
- Case based discussions - tips and tricks zone 2 repair
- Flexor tendon repair
- Pulley reconstruction
- Injuries to the Flexor Pollicis Longus
- The Absent Adult Hand
- Current state of Hand Transplantation in the UK and the World
- Transplantation - my view of its strengths and weaknesses
- How to amputate an Upper limb in 2020 - for future prosthetics or transplantation
We will be providing extra video presentations as additional resources to this course, these videos will be available to watch post the meeting on Events Air.
Video presentations include the following:
- Anatomy and biomechanics of the flexor system - Mr Sam Gidwani
- Extensor Tendon Rehabilitation - Mr Ralph Murphy
- Flexor Tendon Rehabilitation - Mr Ralph Murphy
Organised by: Kavita Prashar of BSSH (British Society for Surgery of the Hand)
Phone Number: 02078315162
Due to the COVID Pandemic this course will be taking place online as a webinar on the OnAir platform.