BSSH Aim - To fund a PhD into a subject of relevance to Hand Surgery.
Funds available – £50,000/annum for 3 years, subject to annual reviews
Closing date 1st October 2016
Awards decisions by 1st Dec 2016
Guidance and Eligibility for Award
This award is for trainee surgeons who already have an NTN in Plastic or Orthopaedic surgery with objective evidence of commitment to hand surgery and an academic career.
Applicants need to demonstrate:
- a track record in research during the previous 2 years;
- preparations have been made for pursuing a 3 year PhD;
- previous experience of Hand Surgery, with a reference from a BSSH member, with whom they have worked;
- they have selected suitable PhD supervisors, some of whom have a track record of research relevant to Hand Surgery
- Studies to support research to assist a commercial enterprise will not be considered.
- The award will only be made if there is an applicant who is clearly suitable for the position.
Please click the link which will open up the file in a new window. Then download the form to your own device, complete and then send the completed forms (A,B,C,D and equal opportunities) electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org .
- BSSH PhD 3 parta Final.pdf
- BSSH PhD 3 partb_Final.pdf
- BSSH PhD 3 partc_Final.pdf
- BSSH PhD 3 partd Final.pdf
- BSSH PhD 3 equal opp final.pdf
* You may be contacted by a member of the Award Panel to clarify details of your proposal or may be invited to an interview.