The Nottingham Systematic Review Course is aimed at enabling participants to become proficient in developing and undertaking a Cochrane-style systematic review of interventions. As this is an introductory course, no previous knowledge of systematic reviewing is required.
The course utilises a combination of lectures, small group discussions, workshops, library-based interactive tutorials, with hands on practical work at computer stations using RevMan and Endnote software. RevMan (Review Manager) is the software used for preparing and maintaining Cochrane Reviews.
Participants will learn to:
- Identify and clarify their review questions
- Understand and develop search strategies
- Manage the results of systematic searches
- Extract data and assess risk of bias of included studies
- Understand and carry out syntheses of extracted data
- Apply the methodology and conduct reviews independently
An Early Bird rate of 10% (only £885) is available for early bookings made before March 28 2022. Bookings made after 28 March wil be priced £985
A limited number of places are available to University of Nottingham postgraduate students, staff and Academic Clinical Fellows at 20% discount (£785).
The course fee includes all learning materials, refreshments and a hot lunch every day.
For course reservations and general enquiries, please e-mail MS-NSRC@exmail.nottingham.ac.uk
Teaching & Learning Hub
University of Nottingham, University Park Campus