Recent studies have revealed a high level of burnout among doctors and medical students in the UK. Pressure within the profession has led to serious psychological and emotional conditions. So, how can medical professionals support themselves and their teams?
Attending this event will provide:
- tips and discussions on how to prevent burnout and build resilience in the surgical team.
- an insight into how the RCS and other organisations are working to support surgeons and the theatre teams.
- develop and understanding of the personal impact of adverse events and the availability of formal and informal support.
The full-day conference includes sessions on:
- responding to adverse outcomes;
- avoiding burnout and understanding different coping styles;
- working to support doctors wellbeing;
- the difference between complications and errors;
- effectiveness of psychological interventions.